Toddler dies from E. coli infection after visit to petting zoo at county fair

July 1, 2019

A 2-year-old is dead and three other children aged 2 to 13 are sick after visiting a San Diego County Fair petting zoo. According to the San Diego Health and Human Services Agency (HHSA), the children were infected with a Shiga-toxin causing E. coli bacteria, or STEC, from contact with farm animals at the fair. HHSA and the San Diego County Department of Environmental Health are investigating the cluster of illnesses.


All four children who became ill attended the San Diego County Fair between June 8 and 15. Symptoms set in between June 10 and June 16. The two-year-old boy was hospitalized and died on June 24. The other three children did not require hospitalization, according to officials.


For additional details click on link below:


https://www.foodsafetynews.com/2019/07/toddler-dies-from-e-coli-infection-after-visit-to-petting-zoo-at-county-fair/?fbclid=IwAR1fXs5ZX_Lv77t9UfxhZi4ir04ZOJBzYlDRFRlZ_5i4i2uZa2L5yUds97I


Source www.foodsafetynews.com


5 views

Recent Posts

See All

The Charitable Division of the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors